Mobile phones have become a necessity in everyday life for many people. The advancement of mobile technology have turned phones into mini computers. There just isn’t much you can’t do on a phone these days. With thousands of apps being created to facilitate the growth of the mobile market there are several opportunities available to earn money and rewards. Many apps are capable of using the GPS capabilities of your phone so why not capitalize and earn some money while at home or on the go.
How To Earn Rewards and Make Money
Mobile phones have become major tools for reaching consumers through advertising and major corporations have no shortage of methods that they employ to find new customers. There are several companies that have created applications where they partner with major brands and offer incentives for customers to take one or more of the following actions:
- Watch video advertisements and answer a series of short questions about the product or service that was advertised.
- Visit partner stores and scan bar codes of select products.
- Conduct in-store audits of local businesses by capturing pictures of product displays, promotions and product pricing.
Once the actions are completed and verified you earn money, rewards or both. Rewards can consist of restaurant or retail gift cards, coupons, movie tickets and in some cases merchandise.
How To Get Started
1. Mobile Expressions – This is another market research firm whose goal is to develop a better understanding of the trends and patterns affecting the mobile Internet. You will earn your first reward just for joining and being a member for a week. After that you will continue to earn rewards as long as you are an active member.
2. ShopKick - With shopkick, you treat yourself with rewards, just by walking into stores you already like to shop in. You don’t have to purchase anything you simply get paid for walking in with the shopkick app. The application uses your GPS for tracking so all you need to do is open the app before walking in to the store. Once you leave you earn “kicks” which can be used for free Starbucks or to actually shop for merchandise. The app can be downloaded on Android & IPhones. To use ShopKick you need to be at least 13 years old.
3. Viggle – App for iPhone and iPod touch that pays you to watch television. You simply place your device on the television and the app determines what you are watching. Once Viggle determines what you are watching, it rewards you with a points for each minute you watch. After you accumulate enough points, you can redeem them in the Rewards section of the app. To use Viggle you must be at least 13 years old.
4. Jingit – The Jingit app allows you to watch video advertisements from major retail brands. In some cases after watching a video you may receive a short survey with questions about the advertisement that was just viewed. Jingit also provides a “Check In” feature where you will be paid to visit select retailers and scan products using your mobile device. Jingit can be installed for free on Android & IPhones. To use Jingit you must be at least 13 years old. As of late Jingit has not been providing very many ads and I have no idea if or when they will be back to serving them on a regular basis.
5. GigWalk - An online marketplace that provides people with flexible work and businesses with a mobile workforce. The app allows you to select local gigs where you are given specific instructions on what you need to do to complete the gig. Many of the beginning gigs just involve taking pictures, but as you gain experience you will find more advanced gigs available. The app can be downloaded on Android & IPhones. To use GigWalk you must be at least 18 years old.
6. Staree - allows users to post photos and videos from their mobile device or desktop, and share them with friends through Facebook and Twitter. Users make money from display advertising targeted to their content and product placement in photos and videos.
For the sake of time I’ve only listed 6 apps, but if you are interested in learning of more I’m sure you can perform a search and find other apps that perform similarly.