Let’s face it, many paid survey sites get a bad rep and rightfully so. There are so many sites that over-promise and under deliver on a regular basis so it turns people off. It is common to receive spam emails from supposed research companies promising you x amount of dollars for completing a survey only to find a site full of redirects to other products or services you have no interest in. Making money from paid surveys is certainly possible, but the key is to know where to look for legitimate opportunities.
Understanding Paid Survey Opportunities
Most people that take online surveys understand that this is not a big money business. Sure, you can make some extra money and even earn some great rewards, but do not expect a windfall. If that is what you are looking for then do not spend your time with paid surveys. You will find that many people take surveys because they want the opportunity to influence political, social and consumer decision making within society. The only reason surveys exist is because the data is needed by someone and that someone is willing to pay to get the data. Since market research firms need unbiased data, it limits the earnings potential for panel members.
Can you imagine what the data would look like if it was all Incentivized? So to decrease the chances of skewed date, research firms use reward systems based on points that increase as you gain good will and tenure. The points you obtain can be redeemed for cash and/or prizes along with other benefits of being a panel member.
Benefits Of Being An I-Say Panel Member
I-Say is a product of Ipsos, a global survey-based market research company that provides a fresh perspective on issues and trends of the day. Owned and managed by research professionals, Ipsos conducts 20 million interviews a year, to serve more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. In a nutshell, I-Say is one of the few legitimate opportunities available if you enjoy earning rewards for surveys.
Some of the benefits of being an I-Say panel member are the following:
1. Earn points for each survey – Your points will add up quickly if you are consistent in taking surveys.
2. Automatic entry into the $5000 sweepstakes – This is a monthly drawing that you are eligible for just for being a member. You gain an additional entry for every survey you complete, which increases your chances of winning.
3. $5000 member contest – Every quarter a random member is selected to win $5000. This is completely separate from the $5000 monthly sweepstakes. As long as you are an active member you have an opportunity to win.
4. Monthly points giveaway – Every month I-Say will select 10 panel members and reward them with 2500 points that can be redeemed for cash or gifts.
5. Poll Predictor Game – At the end of each survey you complete, you will have the option to play a game that will increase your chances of winning weekly prize draws.
6. Loyalty Program – Being a loyal panel member pays. The more surveys you complete, the more points you earn. I-Say likes rewarding its members for being loyal, which translates into active members with tenure earning more points for cash and gifts.
Once you have over 1000 points you can then redeem them for cash or gifts from the I-Say catalogue. If you opt for cash it will be sent as an authorized check or an American Express gift card. As long as you are an I-Say panel member your points will not expire, but if you choose to leave the program you will have 45 days to use the points or they will expire.
Remember, being a loyal panel member increases your chances of winning one of the many contests that are available for members. The screenshot below shows some of the prizes that loyal members have won.
How To Get Started
Getting started is easy. To become a panel member is completely free and you are eligible as long as you are at least 18 years old and a citizen of the USA or Canada. There is an option for “Other Country”, but I’m not sure what other countries would actually qualify for the panel. If you are interested in joining I-Say you can<<click here>> to get started earning cash and rewards for easy interactive surveys. The company will contact you via email whenever a survey is available and it is your choice if you want to take it or not.
This is a great opportunity for stay at home moms, college kids and anyone else that is looking to make a difference and earn some cash or rewards while doing so. I understand that surveys are not for everyone, but if you do enjoy taking surveys or doing product reviews, I-Say is a great panel to be a part of.